ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Bogner Ecstasy circuit pics

:
6/19/2000 2:38 AM
Joe L
Re: Bogner Ecstasy circuit pics
Dave, the rez is better but the focus is still soft. If you have it in automatic focus mode, you might want to retake the pictures either in manual focus mode, or provide more ambient light so the auto-focus mechanism can lock in on the image.  

BTW, I have the Coolpix 800 and just love it! Real nice results and once you get ahold of some NIHI batteries, dirt cheap to use.  

..Joe L

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

6/19/2000 3:24 AM
DaveK

Joe,thanks for the suggestions,but what the hell is ambient light?I'm in Seattle,we don't have ambient light :D These are literally the first 30 pictures I have taken,they will get better!And yes,the camera is set to auto eveything right now.I did get NiMh batteries,a 32 meg card,ac adapter,card reader and whatever else I could drag home!I will post the Ecstasy schematic soon,I've been very busy,little thing called EMP next week!  

Dave K

6/19/2000 1:18 PM
FuchsAudio
Re: Bogner Ecstasy circuit pics/Digicam suggesstions ?
Anyone have any suggestions for an affordable general purpose digital camera ? I'd love to be able to make pic's of amp innerds, and general purpose bench-to-web pix. AF

6/19/2000 5:31 PM
DaveK

Andy,have a look at these sites to get a feel.  

http://www.dcresource.com  

http://www.steves-digicam.com  

http://www.dpreview.com  

Now that I own a digicam,my only regret is not getting one sooner,great little tool.  

Dave K

6/19/2000 11:45 PM
Carl Z

I've got one of those digital mini-cam thingies that I got on the cheap. 40 bucks! I think most multi-media systems are shipping with them these days. They take suprisingly good pictures for what they are but having to have it tethered to the computer is something of a drawback.  

Carl Z

6/20/2000 4:14 PM
Joe L

quote:
"Anyone have any suggestions for an affordable general purpose digital camera ? I'd love to be able to make pic's of amp innerds, and general purpose bench-to-web pix. AF"

I can recommend the Nikon Coolpix 800. The pictures are excellent and if you really try hard, you can find it for under $400 which is a steal. It has the same "engine" as the $1000 Coolpix 950 and takes the exact same quality pictures. The difference is they left off the mostly unnecessary advanced manual features that are useful if you are a pro but you probably have a good 35mm that can do the pro stuff better anyway.  

One suggestion, order a couple of sets of nickel metal hydride batteries and a good charger. Those cameras will eat up alkalines like crazy.  

..Joe Lemoine

6/20/2000 10:29 PM
Lee M.

I thought a webcam would do the trick. Wrong! They are cheap but they can't get a decent detailed closeup like the Bogner shots. Plus you have to supply the light which is a problem if your computer area isn't well lit.  

If you already have a 35mm camera, a cheaper route would be a scanner. You'd need to compare the quality of a scanned photo to see if it would be good enough for your purposes.  

Lee

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 4 Next> Last Page>>