ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Plexi Palace

:
10/11/1999 12:55 AM
Trace
Re: Plexi Palace
quote:
"Another possible location for the MV is the low sensitivity input for channel II. This allows you to plug into high I, jumper from low I into high II, and keep the presence pot operational. No desoldering and removal required. Perhaps this is what TF was referring to?"

Sometimes you get squealing when you place a master volume in this spot. That's been my experience anyway.  

Trace  

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

10/11/1999 3:34 AM
Jeff Re: Plexi Palace Jumper
When I jump the channels together I cannot detect any added gain at all. I just plug into the bass channel and the turn both channels up. Only then do I hear more gain. Is something messed up internaly?  

Jeff

10/11/1999 6:36 AM
A.S

As far as I know you shouldnt get any more gain with both channels engaged since they are not in series. The only thing you do is that you mix the treble channel with the bass channel. But if Im wrong, Im sure someone else can give you the correct answer.  

A.S

10/12/1999 7:46 AM
Jeff
Is it possible to wire the two in series or is that stupid?  

Jeff

10/12/1999 10:21 AM
A.S

No its not stupid but your amp will break up early.  
In that case a mastervolume will come in handy otherwise youd have to run the amp flat out to get maximum overdrive and at allmost no volume at all to get a clean sound.  
One way to do it whould be to build your pre amp according to the JMP mastervolume specs but that sounds like a waste of a very good amp to me.  
Maybe you should try it, you can allways go back to the way it was.  

A.S

10/12/1999 7:43 PM
Jeff
Do you think that VH had that done to his??  

Jeff

10/12/1999 9:33 PM
A.S

I have no clue. Im not really in to his music. At least not since I was a kid during the David Lee Roth era.  
Did you know that Eddie doesnt like distorsion, he likes sustain, he says. Distorsion is just a way to get there.  
All I can say is that the distorsion in my JMP mastervolume didnt have the bite I needed so I modified it.  
The MV sound was good for rock/pop rythm but it lacked the weight to be used as a lead sound.  
If you really want EVHs sound from your amp alone I think you should let some wizard take a look at it.  
Im sure there is someone in your area that can modify it.  
Good luck  

A.S

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 3 Next> Last Page>>