ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Matchless output trannt ?

:
8/8/1999 12:24 AM
Wade Matchless output trannt ?
I am wanting to build a Matchless Chieftan Reverb clone. Can anyone suggest a high quality output transformer for this amp? Thank you very much!!

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

8/8/1999 12:53 AM
Tim Cowles

Wade,  

Matchless used TMI brand transformers. The full name of the company is Transformer Manufacturer's Inc.. They have a web site www.tmitransformers.com . There address is 7051 West Wilson Avenue,Chicago, Illinois 60656-4778. PBX 708-457-1200.  

Tim C.

8/9/1999 12:26 PM
Pat F
You might also want to check with Stephen Delft, a fellow from New Zealand who checks in here periodically. He will custom wind one for you, most likely cheaper than you could get one custome made here in the US, including shipping. His address is somewhere here, I think if you click on the "Moonlight Amp" design in the schematics window, you'll find it. He made one for my AC-30 clone. Wound to old specs, and great quality. I requested mine be made to mount upright and had a 4 ohm tap added. If you aren't in a hurry, I highly recommend him.

8/9/1999 4:03 PM
Wade
Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out.  

8/11/1999 2:47 PM
Bruce

Call Doug Hoffman and tell him what you're doing.  

His tranny guy makes a transformer set that is perfect for this project. He'll be on vacation for a couple weeks starting this weekend so make it quick.  

I think the ones used in a fellow AMPAGERs Chieftan clone was the H50Wo output TF and the K50Wp power TF  

http://www.hoffmanamps.com/parts1.htm  

Bruce  

Page 1 of 1