ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Has anyone ordered from GeoFex via PayPal?

7/31/2000 4:44 PM
Mark Vitek
email
Has anyone ordered from GeoFex via PayPal?
Just wondering if you need to send in the order form when ordering using PayPal. The text on the web page seems to infer that you don't need to snail-mail an order form unless you are paying via check.  

Already sent the PayPal payment, just wondering if I need to snail-mail the order form too...

7/31/2000 5:48 PM
nic
I am not absolutely sure about RG's policies but it seems to me that requiring anything by snail mail would cancel out the advantages (in time) of using paypal.  

Paypal is a great service but I have no idea how the intend to make money at it????  

nic

7/31/2000 5:53 PM
Mark Vitek
email

PayPal counts on volume to make money - if you receive a payment via PayPal, you can have your money mailed to you as a paper check, or wire-transfered to your bank account. Either way, it takes a few days for processing. During that time period, PayPal has the money in some sort of investment account, accumulating interest. Perhaps it's a few cents (or fractions of a cent), but it can add up if lots of people use the service.

7/31/2000 7:19 PM
Ed Guidry
email

I bought some carlings from STeve at small bear through paypal. It was cool because I got a five dollar credit, so I got two switches for 15 bucks.  
It seemed to work well, I got the switches, and Steve got his money (I assume).

7/31/2000 7:54 PM
Mark Vitek
email

I ordered two Wild Mouse kits and some parts for the Bear Face from Steve, too. I used PayPal and received the kits and parts very quickly. I should also note that Steve has gone above and beyond the call of duty in helping me to get my kits working.

Page 1 of 1