ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: visit Schematic Hell!

The sunn still shines online!

:
Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

What happened to the Boss Hyper Fuzz?

:
10/3/2000 11:08 PM
dutch
What happened to the Boss Hyper Fuzz?
I can't find one anywhere. Did they discontinue it?  

Anyone out there got one they don't want?  

Thanks! :D  

C ya,  
Dutch

10/4/2000 3:07 PM
Nyquist

It's been discontinued a few years ago and replaced by the FZ3 Fuzz. I tried one about 4 years ago and it had the most horrendous, unusable sound ever put in a stombox IMHO. I think it lasted about 2 to 3 years.  

It was more akin to a pink noise generator than anything in fuzz modes and the boost mode couldn't justificate the asking price.  

Hope this helps.  

Nyquist

10/4/2000 3:41 PM
Ry

Oh man, how can you deny the power of the FZ-2? Just turn it on and hit few power chords and there you go. Hahaha  

Sure, it's not a tube screamer (thank god), but more of a nasty fuzz box that works well on bone headed chords. You have to admit that nasty fuzz has its place. The FZ-2 feeds the need. I've used one on a couple cheesy punk songs...and enjoyed it.  

Ry

10/4/2000 4:00 PM
Nyquist

Don't get me wrong, I love fuzz! I have 4 fuzz pedals and want even more of them!  
It's just that the FZ2 sounded extremely harsh and atonal to me.  

Nyquist

10/4/2000 4:56 PM
Ry

Oh yeah, that describes it--harsh and atonal.  
I find it refreshing to be harsh and atonal on occasion (on purpose of course).  

just to be clear that we're all friends here, no offense was meant by my previous post.  

Ry

10/5/2000 12:27 PM
nyquist

No offence taken Ry!:)  

Nyquist

10/11/2000 2:10 PM
Marco

Someone has the schematics?  

Thanks  
m.

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>