ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

rack processor suggestions

7/14/2000 1:09 PM
Steve W
email
rack processor suggestions
I am considering using a rack processor for delay and modulation effects instead of all my mismatch pedals that seem to create a lot of hum. The only requirement is that it have a mix control on the front panel and be controllable via midi contoller. I would like to find something used for about $200.00. Any suggestions much appreciated.  

Steve

7/17/2000 10:56 PM
Matthew Springer
email

Well, it doesn't have a mix controller on the front panel, but it so easy to program, I usually don't mind. Find a Alesis Quadraverb, most fun $200 I ever spent. Goo dquality effects and easy enough to program that you can actually find them. Only one I compared it to head to head was the Lexicon MP-100, ok, but Quadraverb was much more robust and WAY more user friendly. there's also the GT version which is suppossed to have some distortion and compression built in.  

Also works fairly well in mono.

7/18/2000 1:48 AM
dutch
email

Find a Alesis Quadraverb, most fun $200 I ever spent  

---snip---  

there's also the GT version which is suppossed to have some distortion and compression built in.  

----------  

I had a GT, and it served me well for a number of years, but if you can find the Q2 Quad for $300, that'd be a FAR better deal in terms of flexibility. Sound quality is way better too without having to run at practically no headroom, although I bet you could get away with it with a parallel loop (or sidechained in a PA board like it is now). The Q2's what I have now.  

C ya,  
Dutch

7/18/2000 9:16 PM
Matthew Springer
email

Yep, A Q2 should be (by definition) twice as much fun as a Quadraverb (I actually have an upgraded quadraverb plus). I've never run into headroom problems with mine, but I put mine before my amp and I don't run a very hot pedal chain.  

$300 you say? Maybe that's want I want for Christmas....

7/19/2000 4:20 PM
dutch
email

quote:
"$300 you say? Maybe that's want I want for Christmas....  
"

Just keep your eye on eBay--they pop up all the time, sometimes cheaper than $300....  

C ya,  
Dutch

7/24/2000 8:43 PM
Melanhead
email

My Fav is the Digitech TSR 24. It's amazingly flexable. Pick your FX, then patch 'em in whatever order you want. You can also run fx series or parallel and mix 'em however you want !!!! It came out about 6 years ago so you should be able to find a used one for $200 to $300. There is no preamp so it's great in a loop or as a home studio processor. Almost every parameter is midi controllable... Yada...yada...yada....Anywayz..I've owned both a Quad and a Quad Gt...The TSR beats 'em.....

7/25/2000 4:59 PM
dutch
email

quote:
"Almost every parameter is midi controllable... Yada...yada...yada....Anywayz..I've owned both a Quad and a Quad Gt...The TSR beats 'em....."

I have a Quad II, which blows the old Quad/Quad GT series into the weeds. I have seen the TSR 24 and it's a good box, but I love my Q II....  

C ya,  
Dutch

Page 1 of 1