ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Just built a Z. Vex SHO copy

:
10/15/1999 10:24 PM
Jim S.
Just built a Z. Vex SHO copy
A few nights ago I completed my first effects pedal - a copy of the Z.Vex Super Hard On booster circuit. It worked right off the bat. A very nice, subtle effect! I'll probably build another as a gift for a friend.  

I just wanted to thank everyone who had posted circuit information on this effect earlier this year.  

BTW, I think the SHO makes for a great "first pedal" project, since it is such a simple circuit, with a minimul of parts.

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

10/16/1999 12:14 AM
marrk

Congrats! These are really good. If you used a tantalum cap, try an electrolytic for a slightly "warmer" sound.  

Mark

10/16/1999 1:01 PM
Hammy
Did anyone put any of this information on a webpage anywhere?

10/16/1999 6:19 PM
marrk

Aron has it on his page. Look for "mosfet Booster"  
http://members.tripod.com/~triparon/

10/16/1999 10:00 PM
nic
great! I have been waiting for someone to clone a zvex. Anyone I ask about the fuzz factory refuses to reverse engineer it for me. It is strange as if they have signed a contract that keeps them from tinkering curiously. Maybe I will buy one so that I can clone it. Mister Vex hasn't been around here lately maybe we can scheme ideas without intervention. I am sure that he'd enjoy reading the posts without saying anything!  

nic

10/17/1999 9:03 AM
Aron

No contract signed. Just that in my opinion Zachary is a cool guy and you know, I actually pulled the MOSFET booster from my page - but it's still on my old page WHICH I CANNOT CHANGE!!!!!!  

Anyway, that's why I won't post any more zvex stuff online, cause I think he's cool.

10/18/1999 2:01 PM
Gus
I have reversed the expandora, fuzz factory, big cheese, and brown source. nic I won't give them out because they are different than other effects(I did give out the expandora). They are not clones therefore I respect the designs. As I have emailed Aron in the past I have a few designs of my own many were built before I found ampage.

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>