ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Suggestions for Strat bridge PU?

:
3/26/1999 3:06 PM
Mike B
Re: Suggestions for Strat bridge PU?
Doc,  

I'll have to give that Red (and maybe the Blue also) Velvet a try... Is that the semi-humbucking single coil that uses an extra coil to cancel hum without disturbing the tone of the 'main' winding (or something like that)?  

I do have a TBX control but I only use it to roll off treble on the bridge pickup. I don't need to add any, that's for sure...  

Mike B

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

3/27/1999 12:31 AM
D.L

I finally got a stacked duncan (non-hi output) humbucker in my walnut strat, push-push coil select switch, one master vol, one vol for neck and middle p.u.'s, master tone. this is the first time I've been happy with a strat in my life ! I can preset a lowish vol for neck/middle for a clean sound and switch to the bridge and drive my brown deluxe hard for all the distrtion I need and no routing or preamps/batteries nec. If only it was just staggered pole..........!

3/29/1999 12:17 PM
Doc

No, the velvets are standard single coil construction. Just a little overwound from vintage strat specs.  

I think the other type you are thinking of are the Virtual Vintage, and the older HS-1,2,3 series.

<<First Page<PrevPage 3 of 3