ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

EH Freedom Preamp!

5/28/1999 3:36 AM
aron
Website
email
EH Freedom Preamp!
What was it?  

I wonder if EH Man has a schematic???  

Aron

5/28/1999 7:23 AM
R.G.
Website
email

You sure that wasn't the "Mike Matthews Freedom Amp"?

5/28/1999 9:09 AM
Mark Hammer
email

I concur with RG, but then even though I used to read their ads and memorize them like scripture, I'm always finding out about EH products that came and went without me ever knowing about them.  

The Freedom Amp competed with the Pignose as one of the few "name" brand battery-powered amps during that period, but was quite a bit more substantial in terms of speaker size, power, and numbers of controls. Given that it was a solid-state device, it's quite possible that EH *may* have produced a pre-amp only version at some point, but personally this is the first I would have heard of such a thing.

5/28/1999 12:54 PM
aron
Website
email

Hehehehe!  

here it is... picture and all.  

It was real! Fat and Warm!  

http://www.melmusic.com.au/articles/box2.html  

Aron  

"Big & warm & fat,this pedal can go from just a mild,simple volume boost to a lovely retro-style overdrive. Peace and Love,my Brethren !"

5/29/1999 8:17 PM
Mark Hammer
email

Well there you go. I WAS right. Just when I think I know the whole catalogue, up pops something I've never heard of.  

As to its "girth", who knows. If most pedals were as "fat" as they claim to be, you could stack em up and they would go to the moon. I'm sure somewhere there is an ad that claims how fat the Superfuzz was!

5/30/1999 12:57 PM
aron
Website
email

What is it about EH literature that makes you want to go out and immediately buy one!!!  

Or in this case, make one!  

Aron

Page 1 of 1