Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Fender Reverb

8/21/1996 8:57 PM
Vasileiadis George
Fender Reverb
Does anybody know what type of transformer one has to use on a Fender Reverb unit, the standalone one. There are two - the normal power one, and another one connected directly to the spring unit. What are the specs for this one? thanx
8/21/1996 9:22 PM
Steve Morrison

The mystery item is an audio output transformer that is used to drive the reverb spring unit. The primary should match a 6K6 for the older Fender reverb, or a 6V6 for the newer design. The secondary needs to match the input impedance of the spring-driver transducer, which I believe is 8 ohms.

  Page 1 of 1