ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

6CA7s in a "Mark 3"??

2/5/1999 6:08 PM
Jim Britton
email
6CA7s in a "Mark 3"??
I've been playing guitar for 34 years and I've never heard of a "Mark 3" amplifier. This thing has four 6CA7s in it driving 2-12" speakers. Anyone heard of this amp? Sources for more info?

2/5/1999 6:18 PM
SpeedRacer
email

sounds like a traynor to me...

2/5/1999 6:19 PM
Trace
Website
email

Jim;  

Is the amp itself called a "MARK 3"? If so I haven't heard of it but perhapes Greywater, RG, or Richie might have had one come across the bench before.  
What other tubes are in the amp? What controls are on it? Give us some more info Jim! (ha, ha)  
I believe the 6CA7's are premap tubes...are they 8 pin octal tubes?  

Trace

2/5/1999 6:23 PM
Jim Britton
email

Alright! It IS a Traynor! The 6CA7 is supposed to be a replacement for the EL34. According to the Vintage Guitar price guide the guy wants $100 too much for it. Oh well. Thanks, guys!! You're awesome.

2/7/1999 3:16 AM
Richie
I was going to reply, but since speedracer already posted traynor,I passed, cause thats the same thing I was going to post.Hes quick on the draw..... I guess that where he gets the speed from.. [Richie]

2/5/1999 7:01 PM
Trace
Website
email

Jim;  

Speed nailed it on the head!!! Traynors are pretty sounding amps and fairly easy to mod. How much was he aking?  

Trace

2/5/1999 9:17 PM
Jim Britton
email

He's asking $350 for it. It's a moose!

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>