ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Preamp Gain Reduction

:
12/18/1997 2:36 PM
SProuty
Re: Preamp Gain Reduction
Steve,  

I've been swapping tubes in and out for the last couple of days so I'm not exactly sure what is in there at the moment. But I have 3 Sovtek 12AX7WB's, a CBS 12AX7, a Phillips 12AT or AU7 (I've worn off the numbers on the glass) and a no name 12AY7. The Sovteks came with the amp and they are by far the strongest. I think I'll invest in a couple of new ones this weekend. I'll see if I can find a WBT+ and a 5751 locally. I have a great store that has a bunch of NOS stuff. But, where do get your Golden Dragon brand tubes from, I've never heard of them (are they Chinese or Euro)? Also my Svetlana 6L6GC's came in so as soon as I finish up my little bias probe (thankfully RG put up a lovely schematic) I'll pop those in too.  

Stephen,

12/18/1997 11:20 PM
Steve A.

Stephen:  

>>>But, where do get your Golden Dragon brand tubes from, I've never heard of them (are they Chinese or Euro)?<<< ... Chinese  

Torres has them(650-571-6887), and so does Griblin Engineering in San Rafael, CA (800-605-2677).  

The tube boxes say that they are distributed in the USA by Tubes By Design in Sarasota, FL  

They are manufactured for P.M. Components Ltd. in England.  

Steve Ahola

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 2