ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

MARSHALL JMP 1:can voltage be changed?

7/16/1997 5:18 AM
don
MARSHALL JMP 1:can voltage be changed?
Does anyone out ther know how to  
convert a US model JMP 1 for  
220 volt use? Im in germany.  
Thanks!  
don  
gusandtheboys@hotmail.com

7/16/1997 12:54 PM
TODD HILKER
Sorry I don't have an e-mail listing, however i will be back to this web site often to catch up on what's happening! Firstly, I am a amp repair tech that works at a music store, and have done this mod. often. Basically, you need to check and see if your current power transformer is adaptable to 220 current. If so, all you need to do is some basic rewiring from the power supply board to the unused windings of the transformer. Otherwise you are looking at buying a new transformer and installing it, which although it is a relatively easy mod, it can be expensive and it may be cheaper and easier all around to buy a seperate power transformer that you plug your amp into.  
this also saves the hassle of undoing your work if you ever return to the states! Hope I was able to shed a little light.

7/16/1997 11:31 PM
Don

Todd,  
thanks for the help...  
I am currently using a trans-  
former, it's a little bit of  
a hassle, but you're right...  
never know if I'll come back  
or not. I'll probably just  
leave it as is.  
Thanks, in any case!  
Don  
gusandtheboys@hotmail.com

7/17/1997 1:24 AM
don TODD READ THIS!!

Todd,  
you can get a free Email account  
at hotmail.com. Just an  
afterthought. Hope that helps!  
DON

7/30/1997 11:19 AM
T HILKER
Don,  
thanks for the hotmail.com address- I'm going to check it out as soon as I leave the ampage!  
It's been about two weeks since I was last here so I'm glad that I was still able to catch your replies. well- gotta go, good luck!  
Todd

Page 1 of 1