ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

What is this Silvertone Amp (funky preamp tube)?

5/26/1997 11:35 PM
Mark Cameron What is this Silvertone Amp (funky preamp tube)?
Can anyone tell me anything about this Silvertone Amp model number 1342. It has a weird preamp tube the number on it is 1273 (pentode?). The other tubes are fairly common 6SL7, 2 6V6's, and a 5Y3 rectifier and a 12 inch speaker. The controls are  
left to right 1 and 2 instruments, and 3 microphone, instrument volume, microphone volume and tone, which is also the on/off switch, fuse holder then the pilot light. The controls are also on the back of this amp. This is an amazing sounding amp. With a Strat it has a great SRV style tone just by turning the amp on 10. The sound is thick with a lot of harmonics and great bite.  

I can't seem to find any schematics of this amp or anything with this tube in it. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

5/28/1997 10:41 PM
Rusty Bretz
email

I couldn't find a 1273 tube in my RCA tube manual. Good luck with that.......  

You may be able to get a schematic for your Silvertone 1342 from Tom Crocker, the head engineer at the new HiWatt, American version. Send him an e-mail at "TomHIWATT@aol.com". He was able to find a schematic for my Silvertone 1482. All I had to do was send him a SASE.  

rustybretz@juno.com

Page 1 of 1