ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Trainwreck schematics

:
5/18/1999 6:19 PM
Stevie
Trainwreck schematics
Anyone out there have access to schematics on these amps, I am especially interested in the Express model, Thanks. Stevie

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

5/19/1999 3:41 AM
Paul Stansfield

There is a Trainwreck schem in the Tube Amp Book 4.1, but I can't remember what model it is.

5/19/1999 7:32 AM
Doc

That schematic is marked "Trainwreck Circuits", but it is not a diagram for an actual trainwreck amp. It's just a schematic for a Vox amp that was probably just a reference file drawing at trainwreck.

5/19/1999 3:43 PM
Stevie

Yeaa, I have seen also seen the AC30 schematic in the GT book, thanks anyway, the search go on, Anyone?

5/22/1999 11:18 AM
Paul

Are you sure this isn't a Trainwreck schematic. The AC30's I have seen have had a tube rectifier, filter choke and three way vibrato speed switch, or at least a combination of these aspects. The published schematic shows solid state rectifier, smoothing resistor and pot for vibrato speed. After all if you looked at a Kendrick, Victoria etc, schematic all you would see would be a Fender. The original AC30 amps were a nightmare, poor quality capacitors, 10 sometimes 20% resistors, bad hookup wire. I'd say surplus components from world war 11. Kendrick chose Fenders maybe Fischer chose Vox. Matchless (DC30)and VHT did.  
The Beatles (from Liverpool)used AC30's maybe thats why the Trainwreck is calles a Liverpool Express.

5/22/1999 1:18 PM
Stevie

My guess is that it is a K. Ficher AC 30 mod of some sort,  
But who knows.  

Stevie

5/22/1999 8:12 PM
MKB

Howdy all. A local guy that owned a music store around here had an eighties (?) AC30 without a tube rectifier and with two ceramic magnet Fanes. Could the Groove Tube book Trainwreck schematic be from one of these?

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>