ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Who is Tubegirl?

3/26/1999 4:42 PM
Geoff Van Brunt
email
Re: Who is Tubegirl?
I'll second that. Judging from one of my recent posts, my butt would have been burned to cinders on AGA. :) I would have been flamed and every one of my future posts would have been ridiculed, regardless of their value or content. There's more than one experienced person here with valuable input, that has been forced out of AGA by the "powers that be". If your a regular reader there, you know who I'm talking about. Although, some of those posts are really funny... just glad it isn't me!  

Here's to Ampage!  

GVB

3/26/1999 6:53 PM
Dave Stork
Website
email

I used to be pretty active on AGA, but the hatred level over there got to be too much and I just had to leave. Damn, I could feel my blood pressure start to rise whenever I would read the messages--hardly what you would call a pleasurable leisure time activity! I think what really did it for me was the ongoing Dr. S fiasco and the Mesa Boogie flame wars of '97, although I started seeing signs of trouble almost from the very beginning of the newsgroup. I remember when I posted a reply late at night when I was tired, and I made a minor error. Boy, did I get flamed! I'm glad to put that scene behind me.

3/27/1999 3:50 AM
MBSetzer
email

The most prominent woman I know of in the tube world is EveAnna Manley. But I don't know much about a lot of things yet. Check out www.manleylabs.com  

MBS

3/28/1999 2:04 PM
rei
MBSetzer is correct.  

Check out -  

http://www.manleylabs.com/Class_A_interview.html  

or  

http://www.manleylabs.com/bioevanna.html

3/25/1999 6:30 PM
Tubedude
Yeah, curious George. Richie is right.  

I wish I could "tech-talk" tube amps with my wife without getting a "Huh?!" look everytime.  

Tubedude

3/25/1999 6:44 PM
marc
email
mystery and tone magic
I think it's cool that there is a unicorn in the tube shop ;-) I've learned a lot from tubegirl's questions, keep 'em coming!  

Marc

3/26/1999 2:21 PM
tubegirl Running unbiased
Well that was quite a surprise...can't quite see what all the fuss is about though. It doesn't matter if you're a Class A or a Class AB. Surely we're all just here for the tone. And the journey. Perhaps both equally.  

Another AMPAGER recently wrote (can't recall where), of the "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" of the site. A little melodramatic perhaps, but I'll second that anyway.  

Etc, etc, etc - back to the electrons.

<<First Page<Prev Page 2 of 3 Next> Last Page>>