ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: (2)6V6 Class'A' Champ

:
10/4/1997 5:32 PM
Steve
Re: (2)6V6 Class'A' Champ
Steve,  

I've often wondered what the implications would be of using a phase splitter to drive two Champ style output sections into to separate speakers. One speaker would get the positve cycle of the signal and the other would get the negative cycle. Any thoughts on this?  

Steve Milberger

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

10/4/1997 8:21 PM
Mike

Damn..You're right. Both PTs go through the 220K resister to ground. But why are there 2 different grid stoppers?  

Mike

10/4/1997 8:32 PM
Mike T

I'm on a very limited budget. Like inventory. I think SF Fender Princeton and Champ PTs are the same. I have the original PT for this Champ. Could I parralel them for each OT and tube?  

Mike

10/6/1997 5:11 AM
Dave Harris

If they are identical then you can parallel them. I am not sure what you mean by "for each OT and tube"

10/6/1997 9:02 AM
Mike Tremante

They are very close to identical, but the Mojo is slightly bigger. For each OT and tube I meant parallel the secondaries on the output jack, as the primaries go to the plates of each power tube respectively.  

Mike

10/12/1997 9:23 PM
Mike T

I used it today at practice for about 6 hours. I used a fan on the PT, the original Champ PT, and it kept cool. The amp has worked fine, no problem since I blew out one of the used 6V6s I had in there originally. I'm also using a 5AR4.  
The PT was real hot on Friday, when I used it for about 3 hours, and I thought I'd have to cut the chassis for a Deluxe PT, but it looks like it's going to work this way.  

Mike

<<First Page<PrevPage 5 of 5