Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: kevin Hamilton I have a Tremoverb combo. It can u... -- 4/5/2000 4:00 AM View Thread

Re: While you're on the subject of Boogie bias.......

4/5/2000 7:13 AM
Jamie Tyson
Re: While you're on the subject of Boogie bias.......
On my homemade amps I use a DPDT switch for the rectifier switch. One pole swiches rect and the other bias circuits. The tube rect is permanently connected and the diodes just conduct sooner than the tube when they're switched in. The other pole connects a second resistor into the bias cicuit that forces the bias current further negative when the plate voltage goes up. I've been using a circuit like this almost daily for about two years and it works great. I even run it into a hot plate and switch it while the amp is on with no ill effects.