Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: Bob Re: Thanks John -- 2/12/2000 9:35 PM view thread

I think they use a 6V6 now

2/13/2000 2:26 PM
Lew Collins
I think they use a 6V6 now
I had a Vibro King that kept blowing the EL 84 and the little reverb tranny. It's the amp Bruce is referring to.  
If I remember corectly, the Fender Custom Shop advised lowering the value of the plate resistors on the EL 84. Bruce would remember better than me. I will say this: that dog of a Vibro King is responsible for me learning how to work on my own amps, because no one could fix it until Bruce and I went in there and voided the warranty by figuring it out for ourselves. Lew