Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: Josh what I meant by "strength" is that ... -- 8/31/2000 4:41 PM View Thread

Re: getting "sag" with resistors

8/31/2000 5:36 PM
Re: getting "sag" with resistors
The B supply current available from the PT still has to pass through the rectifier and it's your "gate keeper." Comparing rectifier voltage drop is somewhat tricky. Ignoring difference between different manufacturers, tube manuals don't specify the voltage drop at 100 mA, for example. Instead you have to look at the curves and guess. Perhaps we could get an Ampager to conduct tests in a couple of amp power supplies on various rectifiers and report their findings (would still have a small sample size of each rectifier and somewhat skewed results).  
Still, if you've got the 6.3v current capicity you could add a damper diode in series for more "tube sag."  

Wild Bill Josh, to elaborate on GW's post, th... -- 9/2/2000 7:35 PM
Josh Graywater,Thanks for the in... -- 9/3/2000 5:56 AM