Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: Josh I really wanted some "sag" when I b... -- 8/26/2000 5:44 PM View Thread

Re: getting "sag" with resistors

8/26/2000 9:56 PM
Re: getting "sag" with resistors
This has been covered in depth before, can insert a tube rectifier after the SS rectifiers to get sag. Since there are oodlin's of old TV damper diodes out there for a humm (much less than a song) you can use one of these w/o a 5v rectifier supply as long as you've got a couple of amps at 6.3v to play with.  

Josh Oops, I guess I didn't mention it, ... -- 8/26/2000 11:17 PM