Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: Matthew Springer A couple of questions about chassis... -- 6/7/2000 9:33 PM View Thread

Re: Chassis Questions

6/7/2000 11:41 PM
Steve M.
Re: Chassis Questions
In addition to the chassis punches that Ray mentioned, I use a "unibit". It is a stepped drill bit for drilling holes of various sizes. I usually use a chassis punch for knocking out holes for tube sockets, and the unibit for drilling holes for switches and starter holes for the chassis punch draw bolt. There are several different sizes of unibits having different graduations for drilling holes. The unibit works much better than the HSS drill bits I was using. The one I got cost about $40 at Eagle Hardware, which is about the cost of a chassis punch.  
Hope this helps.