Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: Rob Where can I get a replacement for t... -- 1/21/2000 7:59 PM View Thread

Re: Delay chip for Small Stone

1/21/2000 9:23 PM
Re: Delay chip for Small Stone
The Small Stone doesn't use delay chips, it uses operational transconductance amplifiers (OTAs). The issue J uses the CA3094, which is an OTA and a darlington in a single 8 pin package. CA 3904's are not as common as they used to be, but I have a couple of hundred in my workbench stock.  
You can replace the 3094 with a CA3080 and a discrete darlington like the MPS A13. You can also use the LM13600 or LM13700 from National. Neither of these will drop into the same PCB holes as the 3094.