Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: rjh Ok I'm real new to this.Thi... -- 4/30/1998 8:15 AM View Thread

Re: Center tap fil winding for rect.

4/30/1998 1:34 PM
Re: Center tap fil winding for rect.
Ignore that center tap, just tape the end and tuck out of the way. It's used in some applications with antique directly heated filament tubes requiring a 5-volt supply. They use the center tap with a cathode resistor for minimum hum.  
Just use the two outer leads and connect to pins 2 & 8 of the 5U4 socket.

RJH Thanks for the help!!!I'm s... -- 5/1/1998 7:30 AM