Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  
previous: rjh Ok I'm real new to this.Thi... -- 4/30/1998 8:15 AM View Thread

Re: Center tap fil winding for rect.

4/30/1998 1:31 PM
BenRe: Center tap fil winding for rect.
You would probabbly want to go with your third option. Connect the 5VAC wires to your 5U4 tube, and then just tape the center tap off.  
The only time I can think to use the center tap is if you want to use it for 2.5V filaments such as a 2A3 or others....