Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Center tap fil winding for rect.

4/30/1998 8:15 AM
Center tap fil winding for rect.
Ok I'm real new to this.  
This is my first project, I'm currently wiring the filiments, my power trans (hammond), has a center taped fil winding for the 5v tube rect. Do I(1) use this somewhere? or do I (2) only use the outsides, and grnd the ctr tap, or (3) use the outsides and tape off the ctr tap as no contact? I'm going to use a 5u4 as the rect.  

Ben You would probabbly want to go with... -- 4/30/1998 1:31 PM
Doc Ignore that center tap, just tape t... -- 4/30/1998 1:34 PM